<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, March 12, 2007

SPRING IS IN THE AIR..... 

Rocky and I had a very quiet weekend. He has been more nauseous with this chemo so he slept a lot which the cats love. Especially Morris, our geriatric cat. Normally Morris has the whole bed to himself all day but has become very spoiled to having Rocky sleep with him.

When I come out in the morning I close the door behind me so Rocky can sleep as long as he likes, usually getting up by the time his first judge show comes on. Morris will sit by the door and wail long and loud until I go back and let him in. Then he hops on the bed, snuggles up to Rocky and both snooze away.

When Rocky sleeps during the day I have quiet jobs to do. Anyone who has a curio case knows they are not dust free just because they have glass doors. Somehow dust creeps into every nook and corner of our house. No matter how often I clean the furnace filter, clean our two air purifying appliances or run the vacuum, dust accumulates. I shouldn’t be surprised because I read once with all the precautions taken with the space ships dust penetrates through their scientific safe-guards.

Over the weekend, I worked both of them over and have labeled quite a few figurines to go for sale at the Antique Barn. Becky and I have had booths together there for almost 10 years and it is a wonderful place to take collections that I’m tired of or just don’t have room for when I buy new things. “Out with the old, in with the new” kind of a mentality, I guess. I’m a Gemini……what can I say? I love change in most things and lots of variety in all things.

Weather-wise we are in hog heaven. I have the windows open, which I love to do….I’m a fresh air freak. The yard is beginning to need a lot of attention and I suppose I will soon have to leave the house cleaning to do some raking and mulching. It seems this time of year everything begins growing at once and the trick is to hopefully stay ahead of it.

Napoleon and the three outdoor kitties have been enjoying the weather change and after their morning rounds, look for a nice sunny slope to snooze on. Napoleon likes to burrow down in the leaves and flatten himself. For several nights he has been returning to his first tree house up at Becky’s place. We can’t figure his reasoning but maybe there is some kind of a “homing” thing going on with him. One thing for sure, he certainly knows where to come when he wants food.

It will soon be time to hear him cry into the night for a mate……it breaks your heart because we know it’s a futile venture…..but who knows? We never expected to have him come strolling in one day, either. Wouldn’t it be wonderful if a peahen answered his call?

That would be a very special happening.

Until tomorrow, I am,
Essentially Esther