<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, January 29, 2007

WEEKEND IN REVIEW..... 

We had a nice weekend with family. Becky will soon be going to Jefferson City three days a week to teach at the Academy so it will be like having “company” when she is home. She is always included with our guests and helped us celebrate a late Christmas with Rocky’s daughter, Holly, her husband Eddie and youngest daughter, Sara, who drove over with her boyfriend. He is a nice young man who is interested in cars, trucks, engines etc; so is interesting for Rocky to visit with.

Holly has an embroidery machine and usually makes some beautiful gifts for special occasions. This year I received a denim shirt with red-birds artfully placed here and there……even a tiny little guy on the cuff of the right sleeve. Adorable…..and I shall wear it with pride. I also received a decorated set of pot holders which were joined with floral stitching. Do I love it!! Yes, I do.

Holly is very creative and her gifts show off her talent. Rocky received two decorated shirts, Becky received one and two small bags for make-up or holding crochet hooks etc; Both Rocky and Becky liked their personalized pieces. Eddie, is gifted with wood crafting and furniture making and has made a few sentimental pieces for us.

Holly and Eddie had a weekend rented at one of the cabins in an area that caters to Trail Riding, nearby, and they wanted to check out the accommodations. While there, the lady who owns the resort liked her “horsy” decorated shirt so much she contracted Holly to make them for sale in her gift shop. They came here Saturday evening for pizza with Rocky, Becky and me……then drove back to their cabin. On Sunday they stopped on their way home and we waited for Sara and Jessie to arrive for dinner and gift opening.

Our families all live away from here so it is always nice when any of them can come. Soon we will be hosting Rocky’s brother and wife and his sister and hubby. We will have a good Rockenbach visit and catch up with each other along with some good eats all around. The six of us are like professional ice-cream eaters so I’m laying in a good supply from our Schwan man when he comes this week. Our generation seems to be expert on anything sweet so I’ll stir up some of my favorite desserts.

In closing I would like to thank the women who wrote emails or made comments on Friday’s blog, “The Bluebird of Happiness.” There are a lot of women out there who have had traumatic experiences locked up inside since childhood. I am glad I gave an opportunity for some to be heard.

Most of us have lived with circumstances out of our control at one time or another and those memories are painful as well as shameful……I could only speak of one that happened to me. The others will go untold due to the degrading nature but thankfully I was spared beyond what some are forced to endure. Children who are victims need our prayers because they are for the most part, invisible……and because too often, cannot escape.

I pray for children who are victimized and for the people who have sworn to protect them. Why some are spared and some are not I do not know. Surely not because some are more blessed or loved and surely not because they are more cunning or outsmart their captors. The mystery of selection is beyond my knowledge but I know there is a loving God who grieves over each one who is harmed.

I don’t have to understand God……I only believe that He IS……………

Until tomorrow, I am,
Essentially Esther