<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Saturday, December 02, 2006

LEAVING NASHVILLE..... 

Just had a call from Rocky. He did a 170 lb lift on his bench press. The coach didn’t want him to compete in the dead-lift because he was concerned about the stress on the cancerous liver.

Rocky said he received a large eagle trophy for being the oldest participant and a man who had lifted over 700 lbs at one of the Power Meets came up to him and shook his hand…..said he was a real inspiration to all the men younger than him. The closest age to Rocky was 46.…..so he was quite an oddity. The coach and guys from the gym are very supportive of Rocky and “took care” of him the whole time. They have always said they hope they can do what Rocky does when they’re his age. For most of them it will be a while….they’re all a lot younger. (I realize I’m bragging here…..can’t help it….I’m very proud of Rocky.)

We don’t know about records yet. The coach will do some checking and I’ll have to let you know later. The big news is he’s on his way home and I can’t wait for him to walk through the door. I’m watching the Nebraska/Oklahoma game…..Rocky thinks they should be home by 1:00 in the morning. I’m going to sit up until he gets here.

John did well on his marathon today so I guess the men in the family are stepping up to be counted. That’s two marathon’s for John in a week’s time. Great going, John. That’s it for now…….I’ll fill you in more when I have a chance to get the “rest of the story” as Paul Harvey says.

Goodnight from,
Essentially Esther