<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

IN THE MIRACLE BUSINESS..... 

There is an old saying, “If you don’t believe in miracles, you will never receive one.” Let me just say, “I believe!!” I have dispelled all doubt over the years because God has shown me at different times that He is in control and well able to provide what we need……if asking for basic needs and believing…..by faith.

Today in the midst of Christmas preparations we received our miracle. As the ones of you know, who follow our journey with cancer, the news hasn’t been good as of late. After hitting a wonderful low of 6.6 in the initial stages of chemo, we were very concerned and perplexed as to why it began going up. It went to 12, then 24, then 44 and hit 66.…..last time the CEA was taken we were informed it had gone to 84.

Today Rocky went to his primary doctor here in our town and received some very good news. The lab work a week ago came out with flying colors. He had been in conference with Dr. Morgan who is overseeing the chemotherapy and was told Rocky’s CEA was 8.6.…….as you can quickly tell, that is a major turn-a-round. Dr. Lewandowski was also extremely happy about Rocky’s participation in the Powerllifting Meet in Nashville and was amazed at his strength, given his age and knowing the fight he’s had with cancer since February.

Rocky is a constant inspiration to his doctors and medical staff. They know the rigors of chemo and the medications he’s had to undergo for many months. Out of so many who can’t fight, are just too fragile or don’t care anymore, the doctors are encouraged to see someone like Rocky stand up and give cancer a bad time. We know eventually it will take him but it won’t be without a horrific battle.

Rocky asked Dr. Lewandowski about the shakiness in his left arm and leg. Dr. Lewandowski said, “With as much chemo as you’ve taken and all the medication, I’m amazed anything is working……you should be dead.”

There have been times I’ve been very concerned. I’d be lying if I denied it. But when I’m at the lowest point, there is a little voice in my head that keeps saying, “God is alive and still in the miracle business. It’s going to be alright.” I believe that little voice and I’m not going to suppose “who” the voice is coming from…..I just believe it. Period.

Don’t ever give up! Don’t ever quit! Amazing things happen one inch from the goal line………….

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther