<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

HUMILITY IS ALWAYS A WINNER..... 

A man who has the will, the dream, the determination….can lick any obstacle that would keep him from attaining his goal. Athletes come in different sizes, colors and backgrounds but the ones who win are the ones who think they can. Someone in the sports world said, “Show me someone who doesn’t mind losing, and I’ll show you a loser.” Attitude overcomes what training and body alone cannot.

I’d like to share an email Coach Rodney sent last night.

Hello Esther,

Rocky set State, World and American Records this last weekend. I am also getting ready to write up Rocky’s story and submit it to Powerlifting USA…..his story and courage need to be told. He is an inspiration to me and my entire training group, he is family. I will do anything I can to help him achieve his goals and dreams in the twilight of his life. I want him to have a reason to keep fighting and many times that is the secret for those in Rocky’s situation. My wife has a grandmother in the same situation and she has out lived everyone’s expectations.

Also once everyone in Nashville found out he was there competing and fighting cancer they went out of their way to treat him like the star lifter of the entire meet, they made me proud.

God Bless you all.
Rodney

Winning is never winning until you are in command of your own fears, weakness, adversity and destiny. The greatest battle is that and quieting the crowd of disbelievers…..when you have achieved that, you are a winner…….

Until the next time,
Essentially Esther