<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, December 22, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GEORGE.....2006 

Today is George’s 56th birthday. He was born December 22nd 1950 @ 6:15 pm. It’s funny but it doesn’t seem that long ago….my, how fast time goes by. Being the first child and born so close to Christmas Day certainly was an impact on his father and me.

Well, the years rolled by and George was the learning curve to raise Becky and then John. I must say we were harder on him and expected more than we ever did out of the other two. For some reason, we thought he should be the prime example for his little sister and brother……but George was still a kid himself. That fact brought me to apologize to George several times in later years……his dad and I were learning how to be parents while he was learning how to grow up under our misconceptions.

Well, I guess something worked because he is a first class person, very compact and organized, very accomplished in what he does for a living and extremely loyal. I am proud of him as I should be…..he has earned that and my respect.

George served four years in the Navy during the Viet Nam years and has worked in the same job ever since getting out. In his particular field he has worked with many young Marine’s and once he was a peer……..but now he is “the old man” of the office. He is beginning to look forward to retirement after marking 35 years in his employment this past year.

So Happy Birthday George and may you have many more healthy and happy years to come. Tomorrow evening we’ll celebrate your birthday dinner together.

Safe travel tomorrow as you drive down……….

Until next time,
Essentially Esther