<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, December 18, 2006

CHANGES IN THE AIR..... 

Today is a day of changes. We have had shirt sleeve weather most of last week with record breaking highs. Today began very cloudy and gray……the air felt wet on your face when going outside.

Rocky nor I slept well last night. When it was kitty feeding time the girls….Callie and Lovey showed up and promptly began licking up the food. I wondered about Chevy because he was no where in sight. The last couple of days he wanted to stay out longer and played hide and seek with me when I tried to lure him in. I usually end up carrying him to the garage and he likes a lot of ear rubbing and talking about what a good boy he is….how cute….and so on.

The more I thought about it I hadn’t seen him all afternoon when I took Mandy out for her walks. It was getting dark and I was becoming more worried by the minute. We have coyotes down beyond our back woods along with all sorts of critters that would like to eat a nice young cat.

This went on all evening….Becky, Rocky and I calling and putting our best theories together for the reason he wasn’t home. I went back to the garage twice to look for him, thinking he might have come in while I was talking with the “girls” and didn’t see him. I looked in the cars where he sometimes likes to get in……no Chevy anywhere. Bedtime came and I put both windows up enough to hear a little “meow” if he came home and wanted in the garage. (I shut the door at night to keep skunks, possums and raccoons from going in.)

Rocky was sympathetic because he knows how much the cats mean to me……he is fond of them and was worried too. We both tossed and turned all night, looking out windows for our lost boy.

This morning I got up quickly, thinking he would surely be on the deck asleep in a padded swing we have. But no. I went to the garage to feed the girls and let them out…….and coming through the door……what should appear to my wandering eyes? There sat Chevy on the padded shelf Rocky fixed for them to look out the window. I was speechless!! Why the little rat didn’t let me know he was there when I was yelling all over the yard, and even went in where he was, twice…….aarrrggggghhhhh!!!!

I could have jerked him up and spanked him but you know I didn’t. I picked him up and petted and hugged him real good and told him not to do that again. Rocky and Becky were greatly relieved….two reasons. They like Chevy and they didn’t want to watch me stew and fret another day. When I’m cranked up about my kitties they usually give me a wide berth. I can’t be happy until I know they are home and safe.

OK……change gears.

So today we went for Rocky’s chemo and to our surprise, Dr. Morgan is giving Rocky a rest from the chemo to let his body relax from so many side effects. They did the lab work, checked it over good and told us to come back December 26th, which we will do. I’m hoping he can enjoy Christmas without any hindrances from his treatments. That’s going to be great.

We encountered a cold rain on the way home and this evening is very chilly, raw, wet and dreary outside. We’re thankful it isn’t snowing or icing but I know it will be a bad night for animals outside…..which by the way, I’d better close and go feed Napoleon his last bread before flying up to roost in our big oak. In case you're wondering......Chevy is in for the night........

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther