<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

SOUP'S ON........ 

Today isn’t fit for man nor beast. Gray clouds have been boiling overhead with gale winds and cold rain. Flood warnings are out and snow is expected tonight. How much is up for discussion. We live in an area that is impossible to predict since East meets West and North meets South in the middle of Missouri. We are on a track of one or the other until the wind comes in from an opposing direction bringing a whole different scenario. Our weather has many moods.

Rocky and I went down to the Cancer Clinic this morning for his lab work. While there I was able to get my flu shot and Rocky already had his so now we’re done with that. We ran a few errands and then I dropped Rocky at the gym to work out a little……he still goes but has lost a lot of strength and lung power.

I made a trip to WalMart for Thanksgiving groceries and a special dinner for him on Friday to celebrate his birthday. The store was packed and people were buying groceries like crazy……I guess the bad weather brought them in. No fun to be stuck in the house with nothing good to eat. I am amazed how much goes through the check-out lanes in just the time it takes to get up to the register. I wonder how much money an average WalMart store takes in for just one day. Don’t have a clue.

I put some stew meat in a small electric roaster to cook until tender, then added ingredients for vegetable soup. At present, it is simmering and the smell is going all through the house. I was wishing I had an old electric stove back that we had years ago. It had three burners and a deep well. I haven’t seen a deep well in a stove for years. I thought they were wonderful…..they held heat like a crock pot and would simmer soup, beans, chili……all that good stuff to perfection. I actually used mine a lot and since it is long gone, I have to use the roaster. It’s much the same idea but I did love those old stoves. Ahhh, times gone by.

Tomorrow we go to Springfield for a 7:30 pm appointment at the Imaging Center. We needed Rocky’s MRI done ASAP so took the first available time. We will be returning home late tomorrow night but happy we will have it over with. We can sure use your prayers that they don’t find anything negative.

Tonight we are poised to learn the winner of the Dancing With the Stars show. We have followed it from the beginning and are amazed at the level of dance ordinary people can learn in a few weeks. Talk about a “work-out”…..I can see why dancers are nicely proportioned, they use every part of their body hours at a time in practice. It looks like a lot of fun but now I’m content to be a spectator.

……and now, it is time to dish up some of that soup!

Until the next time,
Essentially Esther