<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, October 02, 2006

OCTOBER TIME..... 

We are having such wonderful weather here it is hard to stay inside and write blogs or think of cleaning, laundry and all the mundane things that are called “housework.” I don’t know about you but my house has never worked and it gets all the credit for the work I do. I am also NOT a housewife…..I am Rocky’s wife. I never married the house so I’m not going to call myself that, either.

It seems we take on many different titles as we go through life. First I was little Suzie, then became Esther. I was grandma’s little girl and the daughter of Francis and Dorothy. Sometimes I was brother Louis’ sister, a girl friend to several notable boys and then I became a wife, a mother, a grandmother and a great grandmother. I have been a sister-in-law, a step- mother, a cousin, an aunt and a friend to many.

There were titles from schools to the jobs I worked….. and then titles when my children were in school and more titles in the church connected “jobs.” It makes me realize how visible our lives have been and are…..by all of the connections we’ve made from the cradle to the present.

Over those years there has been a lot of living and a lot of opportunity to show our world the best we have to offer. I hope I have always given my best and I hope you have always given your best…….how else do we come to the close of the book and find peace, happy memories and to make the last chapter the best. In October, the earth yawns and the sky becomes more beautiful than any other month. It is nature’s way of getting ready for sleep.

November will bring her gray flannel days soon and then winter’s chill so it is wise to enjoy every moment while October lingers…….the fields of gold, the leaves of gold and the large golden moon complete the cycle of life for another year. Soon earth will sleep again until a warm day in Spring when the crocus come to call.

My wealth, my riches, my gold…..are in these simple days of October…….

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther