<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, October 16, 2006

A NEW DAY - A NEW WEEK 

Since I last wrote, I have been giving all my attention to Rocky and Becky. For Rocky because the big whammie of chemo he was given on Wednesday knocked him for a loop and for Becky as she has a career changing test this morning. The past few days have been spent in activity for them as well as Mandy……who decided to be in heat right now.

I called the Vet on Friday and they were booked up….I figured we would have to wait until Mandy was through the stage before she could have surgery but they informed me they could do it, regardless. We made it through the weekend so now she will be going when I finish here.

It seems a lot has happened since I wrote last Wednesday. For one thing, I never got around to the watering I needed to do…….but it decided to rain last night and is still raining so I am relieved of that obligation this morning. That’s a good thing.

Rocky hasn’t had any appetite and I’ve been feeding him things that are soft in his mouth….the chemo makes it raw and sore along with sensitivity in his hands. It causes some nerve-ending damage so they keep a watch on it. So far, the medications they give him have helped.

While Rocky was sleeping, I helped Becky study by asking her the zillion questions over every thing from soup to nuts, pertaining to the position she holds now. She didn’t miss one…..so I’d say she is ready for the test she will have this morning at 10:00 A.M. She has done the preparation, she knows and executes her job skills in a timely manner and is a good communicator. In my way of thinking you don’t take a test after you’ve studied for a few weeks…..what comes out in a test will be the result of the experience and knowledge you already know and have performed in the past IF you have an interest in your job and pride in your work. She will do well.

Today I have a lot of cleaning to do so I’d better get ready for the day and get at it. Monday is a good time to start fresh with the things that didn’t get done last week so while I’ve got a good head of steam up……I’m on my way.

Remember: What we have at the center of our attention is what has us!

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther