<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, September 08, 2006

TGIF Y'ALL...... 

My cousin Dale asked if I took the day off yesterday. Yes, I did!! I never thought of it before but I learned how from Dale. (Ha!) That is I took the day off to do some serious house cleaning. Also, I’m spending lots of time with Tuffy……he’s had a couple of good days where he kind of perked up but this morning he has gone to the closet to sleep. That always worries me because then he doesn’t eat and apparently doesn’t feel like socializing. I worry too much about him but the language difference between us leaves me having to second guess everything. I let him take the lead and I try to follow. Sometimes with a lump in my throat.

Rocky has two days under his belt with his driving and today is number three. He is faring OK so far…….and with the weekend coming after today he will have time to regroup by Monday. I am having a friend over for our weekly lunch date……the day of the week varies and sometimes we don’t make it for family reasons, doctor visits etc; but normally we make time.

I thought about writing late yesterday afternoon but Becky stopped in and Rocky came for supper…….then…….the FOOTBALL game got my full attention. The first game of the season!! I couldn’t miss that. Sorry! You can see I have commitment difficulties……I knew I should get a blog on but the game lured me away…….which is why I don’t write on weekends. College games on Saturday tell me who will be our next draftee’s to the pro games and of course Sunday and Monday Night Football follow………I also enjoy watching the baseball playoffs and the Series will have my sit-down-and-watch-full-attention. Then I love Tiger Woods and he’s been going crazy on the fairways and greens lately……what a kid!!!

Now I know that sounds irresponsible to waste that much time but I worked until I was 65 and promised myself I would never miss a game when I retired. Of course, I’ve had to but when it’s possible, I’m front row center with cookies and coffee in hand. I hope when you retire you can do the same……..that is…….the thing that you love the most will at last be yours to do.

Well, I’d better be getting to the kitchen to fix that lunch I told you about. Have a great weekend everybody and I hope it’s weather perfect, it goes beyond your expectations and your rich uncle dies and leaves you a fortune.

Well, if that doesn’t happen………just enjoy the weekend!!

Hope to see you on Monday, unless MY rich uncle dies and then I’ll be out shopping!!!

Essentially Esther