<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

ROCKY'S NEW REPORT..... 

Good news abounds. We had our visit with Dr. Morgan today and the results of the lab work. Everything is stable and Rocky has no effects from the Avastin. He has had two doses now and only a little rawness on his inner upper lid. I guess that will explain where that is…..at any rate, nothing to worry about. His mouth-wash takes care of that.

I was anxious to hear the results of the CEA report and if you are keeping up with us, it was 9.4 last time. Today it had dropped to 8.3.…… it continues to go down. Dr. Morgan is telling us the cancer has stabilized and that’s how we want to keep it. I know it’s probably Russian Roulette waiting for it to strike somewhere else like we know it will eventually have to do but that’s where we’re putting our bets on Dr. Weihe’s Integrated Medicine.

According to his track record, the diet, juicing and pills will pump the immune system so high that the cancer will have a hard time finding a place to call home. Of course, being from Missouri, I have to be shown. It’s one thing to get the CEA down to the wonderful digits where it now sits but it’s a whole other thing to keep it there or see it drop even lower.

My goal is the perfect number of 5. Dr. Morgan told us 5 and under is “normal.” Well, I really like normal right now. We aren’t letting our guard down because we know cancer doesn’t play fair……..so we aren’t either. Every waking moment we are devising dastardly disaster for the ornery disease.

Rocky is on safe ground for the moment, my yearly physical came out very good, the colonoscopy came out normal and my cholesterol has dropped 68 points….down to 178. I know I can do better than that but right now I’m still eating my ice-cream and topping it off with a pill. (I have no shame when it comes to ice-cream.)

Who knows? It may cool off and rain one of these days and that would suit me to a Tee. I hope wherever you are, the weather is good, your health is great and you’re very, very rich. Well……..if you can’t be rich…….I hope you have a sense of humor…………..

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther