<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

JUST TO CATCH UP..... 

Hi everyone!! I know……I haven’t been writing but we’ve had a lot going on. Monday we took Becky to Springfield for more mouth troubles which, luckily seems to be a minor thing. Then we bought a new kitchen table and chairs and Rocky had to dismantle them to get them in our van…..made it home with three chairs lashed to the carriers on top. I know people got a hoot out of us going down the highway in our Chrysler Mini-Van with chairs atop…..but hey….it worked. That’s the name of that little game. I had visions of Oklahoman’s en-route to California.

So yesterday we cleaned our present set of table and chairs and took them to the Antique Barn for sale……then commenced putting our new set together. Well, we finished about 4:00 in the afternoon and we were both half goofy. After the 999 nuts, screws and bolts that went back into it we slid it together and had a nice crack down the middle……we mused and messed for an hour and then Rocky decided two under boards were not able to meet as one was too long.

Don’t ask me to be technical here…..all I know is, he used the rasp for fear we’d tear something up or ruin the finish. Well, after a half hour of slow to no progress we threw caution to the wind and Rocky brought his electric sander in from the garage. One look at that puppy and the table coughed a few times and went together like clockwork. That man is one mean dude with a sander.

So here we are up to today already. See how fast time goes? Off to the clinic for Rocky’s lab work……then to WalMart for hardware and grocery needs……back to visit with the doctor and to get the news that Rocky’s CEA was 6.6 today. If you’ve been keeping count…….it has continued on a downhill slide since our first report. We are not bragging…….believe me. Humbled would be a good word. I know and see so many others who don’t have those good reports that I only feel sorrow for them and gratitude for us. I pray they will see advances to help them in time and to continue healing until that happens.

Believe me……..we are both beat. So if you will excuse me, I’m going back to the kitchen and finish cleaning up our mess, admire our new faucets and try to un-kink Rocky’s anatomy since being under our sink for several hours. Early bed tonight….we are feeling very old right now. A guest comes for lunch tomorrow so we won’t rest on our laurels too long…..morning brings more adventure.

Good night from the Ozarks…….hope your day has been great!!

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther