<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, August 30, 2006

GOOD DAY, BAD DAY..... 

Our day leaves me happy and sad. Rocky had a visit with Dr. Morgan and everything is looking good there. We won’t have a CEA report until our next visit two weeks from now. Dr. Morgan is extremely happy with the way Rocky feels and looks and has only made one more appointment until we see how the next visit goes. If he has dropped to normal ranges of the CEA I’m thinking we won’t visit as soon. I’m feeling very good about Rocky…..and very grateful.

My heartache now is for Tuffy. He grows thinner by the day and is just skin and fur over bone. He eats only a couple of licks here and there……and even those few little bites seem to come back up. He cannot quit vomiting. His elimination seems to be working yet but I don’t know for how long. He tries so hard to do the daily things he has always enjoyed but it is obvious it takes a lot of effort.

He never complains, never acts like he hurts. He’s just quietly disappearing before our eyes. I quit giving him any medication about a week ago because it was so traumatic for him and he just threw it up anyway. Not much point of putting him through all that for no benefit.

You friends out there who love cats as I do will understand my feelings. I wish I could keep him but I’m afraid he has gone beyond that. Just remember us as we try to give him up……..nature is very hard to understand at times. Tuffy is only 11 or 12 and I didn’t expect to lose him so soon. I respect the way he is taking charge and making terms of his own choosing. I allow him the chance to do that.

Thank you for your love and concern…………..

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther