<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, August 18, 2006

FINALE..... 

Well our happy little faucet didn’t wait long to cry big (and too many) tears. After I’d cleaned everything up under the sink, put everything back and enjoyed part of the football game (that is if you enjoy seeing your team lose) I went to the kitchen to get a drink of water. It took a moment for it to soak in why water was soaking into my stocking feet. Then reality hit both of us…….mid-sentence…..we KNEW!!! The pipe was leaking under the sink.

Yup!! We were only too right! One look at my waxed paper floating over to the door pre-empted some very bad language from Rocky and me echoing his verbiage. I had Rocky get a towel and a throw rug and began soaking up the water…..Rocky went to the water main out by the road and shut it off. Everything came back out, dripping wet, and again, the under sink area was wiped dry. Needless to say, the critters all headed for the back of the house……they didn’t know what was going on but the tones coming from our mouths must have been pretty picturesque. They left in a hurry.

Rocky fumed the rest of the evening, knowing he was going to have to squeeze his shoulders to an 18 inch capacity so he could get back far enough to replace the pipe. First light of day we were up and after breakfast he was off to the hardware store to get more tubing, fittings, whatever. He came home and by that time everything was freed up so he could get at the job and he finished very quickly. I cleaned the under area one more time and waited to see if it was going to leak. After a half-hour, things looked pretty safe so everything was put back in order.

I don’t know how plumbers do it!! No wonder my dad was cranky a lot of the time. He did that for a living and I can’t imagine that he had the help I gave Rocky. I ran every two minutes as he called out his needs from the small area he was working in. I can imagine if you didn’t have a helper you’d get pretty mad about the fourth time you had to come out and go back. The day ended with both of us looking like leftovers from a war zone.

So we finish our week with a new table and six chairs, and a new faucet, all of which we hope lasts longer than our needs. Ah the blessings of being a “home-owner.” It keeps you entertained and broke…….just think, we could have been wondering what to do with ourselves, but we didn’t have that problem. Old Murphy took care of that for us.

I hope your home is in good repair and you have more interesting things to do with your money. I almost fainted when I saw the cost of a new 4-piece faucet. Yikes!! I’ve become my mother!!!! Every day she would tell me how cheap things “used” to be. I’m with YOU, mom…….give me the good old days. Ha!!

Have a great weekend everyone, see you Monday…..maybe….
Essentially Esther