<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

CLEAN-UP DAY..... 

We’ve been such good kids today I can’t stand myself. For several months, we’ve been looking at the growing spots on our (new three years ago) carpet. They kept appearing like lily pads on a pond…..one now and one then. With three inside cats and Mandy, the dog, they contributed to floor designs real often. Real and often.

Tuffy has always had a hairball problem. I’ve never figured out why. We’ve done all the obvious things to correct it but nothing ever worked. The past year he has mysteriously grown thinner and thinner, vomiting often. We’ve had two different lengthy Vet bills for dehydration, X-rays, all kinds of lab work and testing but the result was always the same. Tuffy was reading normal on all of it.

He went from a fat cat a year ago to an anorexic cat now. He never got the nutrition from his food before he threw it up. Believe me, it made for lots and lots of frustration and fear on my part. The frustration because I was the one who cleaned it all up and fear that he was never going to get better.

After $1000 in Vet bills we seem to be doing better with a suggestion from Rocky that I mentioned earlier……giving him Pepto-Bismol. He had thrown up the antibiotics and the medicine to keep him from vomiting. I figured for sure Tuffy was in the last stages of death. After three doses of the Pepto-Bismol he has stopped vomiting and is eating again. He seems hungry and even comes to the kitchen to beg for canned Tuna that I give all the kitties twice a day.

OK, why did I go through all that when I was talking about the carpet? Because I am hoping that now we will have less barfing and it will stay clean a while. I was very tired of scrubbing the spots on my hands and knees each time. Rocky dug the Bissell out of storage in the garage and thankfully all the parts were in tact with the instruction book. We assembled the Bissell and read the directions, Rocky started and before long a transformation appeared right before our eyes.

I gave him a couple of time outs and we traded back and forth. In no time we were finished and the carpeting looks beautiful. Tomorrow we’re going to shampoo the divan and the two wing-backs while we have the Bissell out.

Early this morning I fertilized all of the trees, bushes and plants one last time. It took three hours to water it in good….the heat is so hard on them I thought I’d give them some extra nourishment. It won’t be long until time to prune and cut back for another Spring. I’ve already begun on some things. Tuesday was very productive around here…..Rocky has gone to the gym for a couple of hours and I promised him potato salad for supper so I’d better head for the kitchen……see you back here tomorrow……..good Lord willing……….

Until then,
Essentially Esther