<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, July 06, 2006

A VERY NICE DAY IN JULY..... 

Today has been a good day. The humidity is low, there’s a nice breeze and we got a lot of things done. Rocky finished mowing what he didn’t get done the other day even though he had a restless night. For some reason he couldn’t sleep and when I woke up this morning he was asleep in the living room recliner.

I knew the chemo would kick in sooner and harder this last time. It’s the breaking point of what the body can stand and time to do something different. The only good thing is that cancer doesn’t like it either and is in it’s last stages of shriveling up. I keep that picture in my mind…..sort of like the weeds that shrivel up after being sprayed with weed killer.

He hadn’t needed the severe nausea pills yet so I decided now was the time to try them out. After Rocky ate breakfast I gave him one and he fell asleep again…..yes, back in the recliner holding the remote in his hand. Pardon me guys but it made me think of babies sound asleep with their pacifier hanging out of their mouth. Yes, I used the things on my babies because they worked like a charm…..almost as good as a remote in your hubby’s hand.

I baked a couple of coconut pound cakes to take to friends and a loaf of bread for Rocky. He loves home made bread and is spoiled to eat anything different. It’s a match made in heaven because I love to bake. Some of my fond memories of home were watching my mother bake …..I sat at the kitchen table which had to double for counter tops that we didn’t have. Mom made everything from that old table. I was blessed with an old fashioned mother who cooked everything from scratch and did all her own baking. She ruined all of us for commercial food.

I watered all of the bushes and flowers this morning and need to spray the roses and hollyhocks this evening. Something likes to eat the leaves of each but I found a good spray that holds them back from week to week. Tomorrow will find me pulling weeds early before it gets too hot. It would be nice to have another cooler day with a good breeze but those don’t come along too often in July.

I had a very nice email from a lady in Milwaukee who sent her sympathy for the loss of Amber. She had worked for a veterinarian over 43 years and was a pet lover as many of us are. It tells me that there are many nice folks out there who read each others blogs and identify with their life struggles. It isn’t a soap opera….it’s life. Sometimes it comes faster than you can deal with it and sometimes not but the nice thing is that we’re all reaching out to each other to give a helping hand.

I hope if you’re having a bad time out there that someone’s words will help you through. There are lots of nice folks who really care about the other guy…….God bless ‘em.

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther