<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, July 24, 2006

FAST MONDAY..... 

Well, Monday flew by like a jet headin’ for home. Becky and I made a trip to the Barn to take some things out while she’s home recuperating from her tooth surgery. Then a trip to the Vet to return their pet carrier and pick ours up……a little mix-up by some of the staff. It was left in Mountain View where Tuffy was hospitalized for a week. Incidentally, he’s feeling much better and eating better.

Then home, fix lunch, and out to the garage to Kilz a table we bought at the Flea Market…..a sturdy little pine table but I wanted Antique White on it to match the kitchen. I’m nutty about the color and never tire of it.

During the afternoon I put two coats of paint on it after the Kilz dried and off to see how Becky was coming along. Aimee came with Brady to pick up some things Becky had for them and we enjoyed seeing both of them……..back home to pull weeds and do some watering…..immediately after that, it was in to the house to shower and put some medicine on a million mosquito bites.

I knew it would happen with the warm winter we had, lots of rain early and then heat enough to bake the skin right off a person. I think our little Lovey may have given me some poison ivy while she twined around my bare legs…..some of that itching looks like more than mosquito bites. Heaven forbid! I battle poison ivy all summer……..I may have to quit wearing shorts to work in the yard.

Tomorrow we head to West Plains for another checkup on Rocky….not related to his cancer. We get a week off from that. He intends working out at the gym while I make a food run to WalMart……keeps me busy buying produce to eat and juice but if it’s working……it’s worth it. He looks great…….one would never expect him to be a cancer patient.

I hope your Monday was memorable and everything turned out just the way you hoped. I know it’s a tall order for Monday……but I think Monday gets a bad rap. There are a lot of great Monday’s and …….OK….more so since I retired! Ha!! If you’re still working, your day will come……if you’re retired and didn’t make it great……then…..shame on YOU. Tomorrow is another day….make IT great.

Until then,
Essentially Esther