<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

JUNE TUESDAY..... 

I sort of missed my Monday deadline for printing so I’ll have to begin earlier today. On Saturday Rocky and Becky went to the big Parking Lot Sale at our local Antique Barn and made a few sales off the trailer. Becky said she thought it was because she was sitting with him and was a good “draw” being fabulously good looking and witty.

After I arrived around nine o’clock, the sales pretty well quit….at least for us. I guess rusty old tools of yesterday aren’t a hot item so now we have the problem of getting rid of them all somehow. I’ve been considering leaving boxes on porches in the middle of the night……kinda like people do with their prolific yields of zucchini.

It was hot and uncomfortable sitting in the shady side of the car as morning drifted into afternoon. I knew Rocky didn’t need to be out in the heat so around two o’clock I insisted we call it a day and ‘get out of Dodge.’ Home felt really nice coming into the air-conditioning……….we soaked up the cool and had a cool drink of tea. After Rocky ate he went to bed at five o’clock.

He got up late the next morning, ate some breakfast, and went back to bed. Finally by four in the afternoon he got up. Guess who isn’t going to get to go to another sale? The man was totally worn out. The good thing is he can now close the chapter on the last of the farm things he brought with him, hating to leave them behind. He kept thinking he wanted to sell them but sometimes it’s just not worth it.

Becky took the day off yesterday to go Antiquing in Springfield. We met each other in George’s lot where I was walking Mandy…….she came in for coffee and Rocky decided he was rested up and felt like going so we did just that. I drove up and Becky drove back. In between, she took us to dinner for Rocky’s Father’s Day a little early as she may go to Kansas City this weekend to visit her dad. She also got a Louis L’Amour book for him which he loves.

We made it through two huge Antique Malls and came home. Today is a new day and Rocky is feeling good…….so we’re busy catching up with ourselves. Time for me to get busy in the kitchen and feed that man so I’m outa here for now. Have a great Tuesday………..

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther