<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, June 15, 2006

A HIGHER CALLING..... 

I was reading John’s blog this morning, Walking In A Grassy Field, and we all walked with him as he questioned and attempted to answer his thoughts. Some people walk a field and never question, never have any thoughts. Some people look and never see while others touch and never feel. So what is the difference when one person simply takes a walk and blessings fall like manna from the sky?

I have always been deeply moved by the printed word. A poem, a bit of prose, a good book……someone writing their thoughts down can take me to heights no other can. To me it is the soul of a person speaking rather than a desire “to write.” Oh some people do “write” but it is such worthless fare it isn’t worth a reading.

To have a gift to write and lift others up, to talk in language so beautiful it is lyrical, to inspire so much that a soul is reborn can only come from one who walks along each day with God.

Some people are smart but not wise, others are rich but destitute, there are those who seek and never find…..all because it is a senseless search. God, our maker, is opposite of our senses and the world. His plan is simple. Love…..and then put it to action. That’s it. The mystery of life is settled with those few words.

To all those people, known and unknown, who have made me a better person for reading you, I give thanks. I thank you for the light I see in you………..

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther