<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

BACK ON TRACK..... 

Give me a day where there are no surprises and I have a good day. Unlike yesterday everything went according to plan today and we got home much earlier. We’ve had lunch and Rocky is dozing and watching TV while I get a loaf of bread going and clean all the produce we brought back from WalMart.

Wednesday seems to be their main delivery on produce and it is always so fresh and crisp etc; etc; that I end up with a basket full. But when you juice a lot it goes in a hurry. Anyway, we managed to do our errands and end up at The Grapevine for another nice lunch. We were a little taken back when the waiter apologized for the length of time it was taking…..they had two new cooks and said our orders would soon be out.

Now I don’t know about you but when I hear there’s a new cook in the kitchen, I think bad things right away. Being a cook of long standing, I know the fiasco’s that plague the best of cooks……and when you are in a new place with a new menu, owner, and the noon rush is on……I could see a poor offering coming to our table.

To be truthful, Rocky’s Tomato Bisque soup was lukewarm…..that set us up for a negative attitude right off. I have to say, when they brought my Reuben Sandwich and Rocky’s Three Cheese Lasagna…….it was great. We gave a silent salute to the chef and finished our meal in jig time. We arrived before the bulk of diners so we were in and out before it became a full sized crowd.

Once home, all the critters came bouncing and meowing, barking and doing their “welcome home” dance while we unloaded the groceries. I think our appointments are over until next Wednesday now, barring unforeseen accidents. That will give us time to rest up and get some mowing and yard work done…….and then…..there are lots of other things we would like to get done when there is time.

So for today I’m going to cut this short. We hope your week is on target and the only surprises you get are the good kind.

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther