<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, May 04, 2006

RAINY THURSDAY..... 

Last night was stormy. We had thunderstorms with damaging winds and hail all afternoon and way into the night. I haven’t heard so much thunder in several years as we have been going through a dry spell in our area. At dusk, Napoleon was perched across the street on our neighbor’s pick-up truck. We called to him and as soon as he saw me coming out the door, he came on the run. His favorite treat (a slice of bread torn into bite sized pieces) was enjoyed before he trotted off towards Becky’s. For some reason he has been sleeping in her tree where he first roosted last year. I guess he is making both of us happy.

This morning as I was walking Mandy I saw him in her tree busily grooming his feathers before the flight down to graze. No matter what the weather he seems to come through undaunted and sprightly. Rocky and I worry over him like two old hens but so far he has managed to roam free without disaster.

Mandy is making me proud. So far, no accidents in the house. I’m convinced she must have had an infection or something with her frequent messes previously. Boy, I was beginning to think I had bitten off more than I could deal with so I am exceptionally happy she has done an about face. I’m still a little jumpy but try not to let her know my anxiety level. Rocky sleeps late in the mornings so I’m always on the first detail of walking, feeding etc; Mid-day is his special time with her and she gives him lots of doggie attention. He is very pleased with her and missed her already when she was at the Vet.

The storms will continue throughout the day. Rocky and I are going to the Antique Barn today to remove all items from our showcase in the entryway of the building. We need to cut down as we can’t give it the time we have in the past but will keep our two booths inside. It will be nice to have a little something to do but not too much to be worrisome. Finding balance in our lives right now is the goal.

We were put in touch with a chiropractor in West Plains who was on his death bed with cancer and was given two weeks to live. He had been bedfast for some time and extremely thin. His wife turned TV on for him as he didn’t want to think about the news the doctor just gave him. (Dr. Morgan, who is Rocky’s oncologist) He happened to watch Naomi Judd who was on with several experts of Alternative Medication…………he was struck with her information and asked his wife to call for the book and have it sent by overnight mail.

In ten days he was out of bed and in 2 months he was making garden. He ate a healthy diet and took the medication which boosted the immune system. When I talked to him on the phone last night he said he is cancer free, it’s been seven years since he began the treatment and for insurance he still takes 1/3 tablet daily. He opened his practice up some years back and is now busy in his profession once more. Now I’m not one to buy snake oil off a wagon but I am going after his book and read it. If there is any way to rid Rocky of cancer I’m all for it. He and Dr. Morgan are good personal friends and although Dr. Morgan is a medical doctor who uses chemicals for treatment, when asked about the alternative medication, he said it would be perfectly fine to use them along with the chemo. Several of his patients are doing this and he is OK with it. If it has merit we will know after trying it. I’ll keep you posted on progress. First the book, then the medication and then we’ll see.

I’m from Missouri and when you show me someone who should have been dead seven years ago who is now cancer free, you have my interest.

Rocky is up now, I need to feed him and then we need to get busy on our project at the Barn. Mandy performed very well for Rocky when he took her out just now so we are properly appreciative of that. Brother Richard and wife Helen called to visit and it was so nice to hear their voices. They are leaving for Florida tomorrow and we wish them a very happy and safe trip. We have been missing them since they were here…..we have a lot to laugh about in an otherwise serious situation…..humor is always good, no matter what the circumstances.

Here’s to humor and all the folks who like a good laugh! Have a great day wherever you are………

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther