<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, May 15, 2006

MONDAY CHAT..... 

Rocky has gone to the gym this afternoon to work out and visit with his buddies. I’ve finally let him out on his own……Ha!! He has done so well with his new diet that our next step is to get him back to serious exercise. I know it will seem a more normal life again once he can “hook up” where he left off. It was March 13th when he had his colon surgery and he has since had a port put in and two treatments of chemo already. We have the Integrated Medicine ordered and we should be hearing from Dr. Wiehe in a day or two about picking it up. It should be quite a stash with two months at a time.

Yesterday I had a very nice Mother’s Day. I was bent down in the frig getting some tuna to feed the cats and when I stood up, Becky was sitting at the table grinning. She slipped in the back door and I didn’t even know she was on the place. I was so preoccupied with feeding the cats that I chatted with her for a few minutes before I noticed a large bowl on the table with a card in it. When it caught me attention I guess I had one of those “looks” on my face……like, “where did THAT come from.?” Then she was laughing because she “got me” again. I’m just too easy, that’s what.

George called around noon and we had a nice visit. He keeps me up on our old friends from Shawnee and what’s going on with his yard, Murphy and Cheeta, his dog and cat. George has a landscaped yard to die for and has the good black dirt to do it with. I am always envious when I think of that wonderful dirt where we used to live. George will probably come for a visit over Memorial Day and to help celebrate my birthday. We hope so.

I invited our neighbors and Becky over in the afternoon for apple pie and ice-cream. I have a lot of food in the freezer that needs to be eaten and since we can’t cheat too often on Rocky’s diet, I plan on using it when we have “help” in eating it. Becky came down for the ‘company’ but is on a diet of her own so didn’t eat any pie. The rest was sent home with the Hockings. Davey is a six-year-old who loves apple pie so it won’t last long at their house.

John called late afternoon……LJ was working but would be home around 6:00 p.m. so they could all go for dinner together. I had a nice visit with John and Barbara both and LJ happened in before we hung up so I got to talk with him. It isn’t often I catch him anymore…….he’s a busy guy and usually somewhere between work, school and home.

Mandy is doing well on her training. Holly’s idea about the cage was excellent. She only had one accident the first morning but since has had a “clean slate.” She has not had an accident in the house, either, so all of a sudden I’m waking up to dry rugs and a dry cage. She has her system in tune with my expectations and I don’t know how it worked out…….but…….I’m happy.

Phyllis, if you read this, your menu today is: two strips of chicken breast, floured and seasoned….fry in 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Olive Oil….Stir fry a baby zucchini in 1 tablespoon of EVOO and fresh garlic….and one fresh carrot cut in Asian strips. We also had a slice of bread I made……whole wheat with wheat germ added and sunflower seeds……1 pat of real butter. One fresh orange for dessert. Hope it helps you for an idea. Rocky thought it was pretty good.

Happy Birthday to Rocky’s brother, Richard, and Happy Anniversary to him and his wonderful wife, Helen today. Mandy is telling me she needs to go out…….so we’re outta here……..

See you tomorrow,
Essentially Esther