<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

THE JUICER ARRIVES..... 

The day is practically gone and I haven’t written anything today. It could be because it has gone so fast. We had a 10:00 a.m. lab appointment in West Plains, then Rocky wanted to go to the gym while I did the WalMart thing. Our juicer arrived early this morning and since WalMart gets their fresh produce on Wednesday’s I wanted to make sure I had lots to play with.

We then came home and I fixed lunch quick as Rocky’s sugar level was getting a little low…..then I decided to wash the juicer so I could practice with some of the recipes. Took me a while to familiarize myself with how to take it apart and reassemble….the directions didn’t seem clear to me but then, nothing does anymore. How they confuse the simplest things by making them difficult is a mystery.

After a few awkward moments and I was beginning to rethink my juicing quest I was able to get it working. One fresh beet, two stalks of celery, one orange and an apple. OK…..this was me just having fun and not using a recipe…..however, I didn’t mention that to Rocky.

I was a little nervous about the offering…..it was very pretty and “beet” red but I was afraid it wasn’t going to taste that great. I was right. Rocky noticed that right away, too. I plopped a couple of ice cubes in each glass and managed to get mine down……Rocky drank half of his and asked if I could freeze the rest so as not to waste it. I’m wondering how good a beet Popsicle is going to taste but I’ll let you know.

I can hear my brother-in-law, Richard, gagging as he reads about this adventure. The Rockenbach boys were raised on a very simple diet evidently as their culinary tastes are very limited. Meat, potatoes and bread…….desserts and ice-cream, mainly. Helen and I like a variety of veggies and fruits, she eats no meat and I eat very little……now Rocky has meat in limited quantities. He says he doesn’t miss it that much.

Supper time is drawing near and I have a wagon full of produce to choose from so I’m off to the kitchen to see what I can come up with. We’ve had our drink for the day, now for some chewing………

See you tomorrow,
Essentially Esther