<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

HIGH HOPES..... 

Rocky Rocks!!!! We have been on the “diet” and he has been on the dietary supplements, plus, plus, plus now about 5 days. His many pills with his meals and “betweens” are making a difference in how he feels……..and who knows how much better it will make his attack on the cancer?

He has more energy than I’ve seen in him since we were married 5 years ago. It used to be that any time he sat in a chair…….his chin would hit his chest and he would be asleep. Not just a little bit……a bunch!! He could sleep on command in any position.

I asked him yesterday if he could feel any difference yet and he said, “Oh yah!!! I feel a LOT better now. I don’t feel like I want to go to sleep every time I sit down.” For him, that was huge!! I’m sure the cancer had been draining his strength for some time. His color is good and he’s losing the weight that he didn’t need to be carrying around……he’s percolating pretty good.

I am anxious to see how the lab results come out tomorrow when we go for his third chemo treatment. We do labs first, then visit with the doctor and find out how his grade card is stacking up. So far the labs have been normal which is OK when you have cancer I should think……however, I’m hoping for a better than OK tomorrow since we’ve been doing the dance with Dr.Wiehe’s Alternative Meds…….if Rocky’s feeling so much better, surely the labs will indicate that. However, I realize I’m always expecting big changes in a short time…….I’m overly optimistic and can’t seem to break things down to realistic time frames. Believe me!! I’m in a hurry to get this man of mine over this hurdle.

I hope you're dancing with someone other than your doctor right now……and I’ll be back tomorrow evening to let you know where we’re at with Mr. Rocky……if you have any space left on extra prayers, we would sure appreciate them going in tomorrow. See you then………….

Essentially Esther