<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, May 12, 2006

FRUIT AND VEGETABLES COMIN' UP..... 

Rocky and I found the lovely home of Dr. and Mrs. Wiehe by 10:15 this morning. They live on a lake south of West Plains and have a huge home filled with family antiques and charm…. complete with view. Dr. Wiehe was also charming and hospitable as well as being helpful and encouraging.

We had a 45 minute visit with him and ordered the Integrated Medicine we would need for Rocky before we had to leave for his appointment to remove the chemo fanny pack……then head to Subway for a sandwich. We stopped at WalMart to pick up high voltage foods recommended for boosting the immune system……looking at cantaloupe, grapes, bananas and all the rest, somehow didn’t look as appealing as a cream cheese strawberry Danish but I suppose in time it will look even better. Oh yeah!! I’m believing THAT!!

Tonight I’m thinking baked acorn squash, steamed broccoli, sliced tomatoes and a fresh fruit cup. Yahoooooo!! I’m feelin’ healthy already. Our stomachs will love the kaleidoscope of colors and our little immune systems will sing us to sleep. I’m thinking how healthy it will make Rocky after a life of truck-stop food. The best part is, his body will be enabled to begin a battle with the cancer that hitch-hiked over to the liver……..and will begin snuffing out the little tumors that were just lovin’ all the sweets, fats and junk food.

I have a mental picture to support the effort to stay with this…….I think of 20-lbs of greasy fat mixed with 20-lbs of sugar boiling and burping busily like the sulfur pots in Yellowstone Park…..then I think of drinking that into my body…….yuk!! I don’t think so….. and yet, week in and week out we stuff greasy and sweet food into our mouths. Consider the chemicals added, the food coloring and Lord knows what else is put in our food for “shelf life”………..I’m not doing that anymore. It’s a wonder any of us make it to old age without cancer.

There’s nothing worse than a convert so I shall try and keep my new food attitude under wraps…..however, it WAS tempting to comment between ourselves about what other shoppers were putting into their baskets. (The same stuff we would have been piling in before.) We also found it eliminated about 75 % of the isles one can walk down in the grocery store. It will save time to just wheel into the produce area and come home…..Dr. Wiehe suggests 80% of the food intake should be fruit and veggies. Well, I can also sell a bunch of my bake ware, a collection of the finest cookbooks in the land, and 10 sets of my dishes.

Although I jest, there is no kidding that I would and will do it all for Rocky. Losing a second husband to cancer is just not going to happen without a good fight or accepting whatever God wants to do with us………

Have a great weekend and we’ll see you next week,
Essentially Esther