<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, May 25, 2006

DOCTOR, DOCTOR........ 

Spirits have been high around our place since our good news yesterday…….it is really great to be so sure of something and then see it WORK. I am not one to die easily on any project and Mr. Rocky is very much a project I’m on. The only thing I take credit for is the counting and dispensing of what comes to lots of pills six times a day. I have a plan that’s working and I’m working my plan.

I had to laugh at doctor Morgan yesterday when he sent the news by one of the nurses about Rocky‘s good CEA report. I noticed in the material on Avastin (which Rocky was given for the first time yesterday) it said if any over-the-counter drugs, vitamins or herbs were taken the doctor should be made aware of it. I told the nurse she’d better mention to him about all the vitamins, minerals, herbs etc;etc; that Rocky is taking. She came back with a grin and his reply, “He said if you could swallow all those pills a day, more power to you.”

Since Dr. Wiehe and Dr. Morgan are good friends, I imagined a conversation between the two men that went like this………. “Hey, Chuck, I got another one of your patients on Integrated Medicine……name of Rockenbach.” “Yah, the poor devil……he’s taking all those pills like it’s going to make a difference. You know the chemo and Avastin are doing the heavy work in this…. how anyone can take that many pills is beyond me. Bob, why don’t you just admit I cured you with chemo? How much money are you making off of these poor people?”…….

“Now Chuck….look who’s talking about making money off of people……how much are YOU making on chemo and all your chemicals?” Both men smile and turn back to their fishing……..a much needed diversion after a week of patients who may or not make it…… As far as I’m concerned, whatever doctor's earn is well worth their price because we have the utmost faith in them……right up there under God.

Doctor’s are like preacher’s. People love them, then fall out of love with them. As long as things go along smoothly they are pretty well liked……then hated when they can’t perform the miracle. I know professional people are like us. They go into what they do because there is a desire on some level to render service and make a living at it. Even people who make a lot of money at their chosen fields have problems, good days and bad, and certainly can’t save everyone. They deal with incompetent co-workers and patients who complain and never pay. Still, they go to work each day and try to do their best.

I told Dr. Morgan yesterday (before the good news) that if anyone could pull Rocky through, I knew it would be him, because we believed in him. I think he was embarrassed at my compliment, but he knew it was genuine and I swear, he walked a little taller the rest of the day. God bless him and all the others who go to battle for us…not because they took an oath but because they believe they can save some of us……..

Essentially Esther