<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Monday, April 10, 2006

GOOD MONDAY MORNING..... 

Spring is bustin’ out all over. The bush honeysuckle, azaleas, flowering crabapple tree, flowering almond, quince, bluebells, wild wood-phlox, red bud trees and my prize pink dogwood tree are all in bloom. I wish they would be on deck to greet the Rockenbach siblings when they come to visit in two weeks but I know they will be past their prime. We are so excited that Rocky’s brother Richard and sister Marie will be coming with their spouses to visit a few days. Helen, Harold and I are the “outlaws” of the Rockenbach clan.

April is a special month for us. On the 30th we will celebrate our fifth wedding anniversary!! Considering how long it took us to get to the happy state of matrimony, five years seems like a drop in the bucket. It is a big milestone for us and one we will look back on when our twenty-fifth rolls around.

This week we will be getting lined up with Dr. Eck to put in the port so Rocky can begin his chemo treatments. We are anxious to get to the next phase of his recovery.

Have a great Monday everyone. Becky calls it a “kick butt” day but when you’re our age, getting a boot that high off the floor is a trick. Yah, right!! ….and this guy lifts weights for his fun. I like to stand on my head in my flower garden for “kicks.” Fun changes throughout your life, I have found.

Kick whatever you can and have a great day!!!

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther