<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, April 13, 2006

DEFINE GLORIOUS....... 

How do you define something so perfect, so beautiful and so inspiring with words? Something that is felt so deeply you are already in another realm. That happened to me Tuesday evening.

Rocky and I usually watch for Napoleon’s last feeding on our deck and after that he goes to the bird baths for a drink. We know this is paramount before flying up to bed which is usually in our big oak. However, lately, he has been going back to Becky’s tree for a few nights before returning once again to his high-rise at the Rockenbach’s.

I stood up to catch his flight when I noticed the western sky was ablaze in the most glorious colors I have even seen. From the western horizon to north and south the sky was simply adorned with clouds reflecting every shade of mauve to brilliant pink. I was overcome with the moment…….the moment that only happens occasionally in ones’ life. It’s suddenly a time of reflection of who God is and who you are…..a panorama that I felt was just painted for my eyes. You know what I’m talking about……it’s a fresh awakening of your spirit to all the best of God, nature and yourself. How you fit into a plan.

You feel close to all things good. While I was drinking in the moment….Napoleon lifted his powerful wings and flew effortlessly to the lower branch of the oak. I watched as he slowly turned and pivoted to the branch of his choice. He began preening his feathers and getting ready for sleep.

I remained at the door not wanting to leave the view and I watched until Napoleon was a dark silhouette against the sky. He seemed enraptured with the sight as I was and stretched his neck to full capacity, then cried out three different times. I like to think he was praising the Creator as I was for the gift of beauty. Napoleon himself is a gift.

As the last sliver of color slipped from view I felt privileged. We know sunset where we are is sunrise to others. It is that knowledge that keeps us going and gives us strength in hard times…..if there is a sunset, there will also be a sunrise.

A sweet benediction of the day.

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther