<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, March 15, 2006

More Rocky Info 

Here is the latest from Esther (mom) herself:

--------

John........I came home about 2 1/2 hours after Becky so I have some better news to report. Rocky finally got to walk again and sat up for about 45 minutes before going back to bed. He got cleaned up some and that made him feel better.

He is almost off of any morphine.....he hasn't used much yesterday or today and they took the timer off this morning so he only uses it if he really needs it. He is much more lucid the longer he is off the morphine........Holly arrived at 7:00 tonight so I came home.

I woke around 2:00 this morning and couldn't go back to sleep. Got up at 5:00 and hurried to the hospital after Becky told me what happened. He knew I wouldn't hear the phone as we sleep with our door shut (cats) and I don't hear it from the spare bedroom where our office is. Therefore he called Becky but you know the rest of the story.........I've been at the hospital 13 hours today with little to eat (cafeteria food is terrible) so I'm going to get a shower and get to bed. I want to be there by a little before 7:00 in the morning to hear what the surgeon has to say. He's excellent but the hospital is the pits..........it's our last time at West Plains for hospital. The Cancer Center is run much better so we'll try that I guess............

Thanks for your prayers and posting for me. I do appreciate it a lot.

I'm gone..........good night.

Love,

Mom

-----
Let's hope he continues to improve. John