<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Thursday, March 02, 2006

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JOHN....2006 

Forty-nine years ago at this very time I’m writing….9:15 p.m….. a very important person was born. He made our family complete. I always said, we had a boy and then a girl……and then we had John. John kept his brother and sister on their toes and made our lives a lot more interesting. At the moment, he and Barbara are dining with friends in Covington and I’m sure they will roast Mr. John in fine fashion. He and his friends have little respect for one another’s dignity and love to put each other down every chance they get. They have been friends for a long time and know just how to insult one another in good fashion.

At the moment of his birth I raised a glass of wine, pointed towards the South and wished him a happy birthday. John called shortly after I got home from work and we had a nice visit. When I picked the phone up, a voice said, “Happy birthday.” He knew I would be calling to wish him the same so he beat me to it. His mind works like that. Among other things, he said he was glad I had him. Well, that makes two of us, John, I’m glad I was the one who got to have YOU.

For all the things you’ve overcome, for your wonderful sense of humor, your ability to put a finger on just where someone is hurting, and all the other good qualities that make you special…….I applaud you. I know your father, brother and sister are thinking of you today and have dropped by to wish you well on your special day.

May you have many more and may I be here to share a few more with you. Rocky and I wish you a very happy new year………

Love,

Mom