<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY EVERYONE..... 

Since today is Valentine’s Day I am taking a break from my Esther story to wish all of our friends and family a very happy day. I’m sure you will be thinking of days long past as Becky did in her blog for today…. and I hope your memories are good and happy ones……the kind that give you that warm fuzzy feeling.

I wonder how many cards are pasted in scrapbooks that are faded from the years? I know that first Valentine’s Day after Bear died…..I found the Valentine card from the year before and reread it. The personal note he wrote inside was very healing to me at the time. I thought such cards and sentiments were over for me but God had a plan I didn’t know about.

Four years later I received a beautiful porcelain necklace with For-get-me-nots painted on the pendant and gold edging. It was from Mr. Rocky and arrived on Valentine’s Day. A young romance that began over 50 years ago flamed bright and new in our golden years. If you have been allowed to go back and finish a dream you had years ago then you will understand the magic we both felt in finding one another again.

Life is full of surprises and sometimes love comes from unexpected places. I hope you know the fullness of love…….and the joy of giving it away. It’s an unending process. The more you give away….the more you have to give.

It’s strange….but that’s the way it is.

Happy Valentine’s Day from Rocky and Esther!!!!