<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, December 21, 2005

CHRISTMAS SHOPPING....YADA YADA 

Shopping. Do you know anyone who has enough money to get what they’d like for everyone they know? I think not. No matter what the financial status is I would imagine even the extremely wealthy have to stop somewhere. Granted….not as soon as the rest of us but, hey….they aren’t worth all that loot by giving it away. We all have an invisible number where we plan to stop.

I shop like I diet. I shop with the sensible list I have made out and then proceed to exceed the list by doubles or triples. I mean well…..(those are the first words spoken to my husband)…..but somehow, indulgence takes over and I throw caution to the wind. My goal is not to die rich but to make people happy.

When I diet….I eat my diet first. Sensibly……and then……that bad Esther takes over and I level off the Fannie Mae Chocolates, my homemade fudge, fruit cake, cookies, ice-cream…….well, you can fill in the blanks. Today I shopped AND over-ate. What am I saying? I do this every day…………(Santa may be watching so I’ll come clean.)

I had a fun experience at WalMart today. I was telling Ellen in an email that all those other shoppers looked like zombies, desperate, angry and looking straight ahead as if in a daze. They tried not to look at me because I was smiling and enjoying myself. When they finally did look, an itty bitty smile crept up on one end of their mouth. Come to think of it, it was more like a leer…….maybe I didn’t perk them up as much as I thought.

Girls, I was lost at the perfume counter. All those old perfumes I loved as a girl…….they were all there, and very reasonable it seemed to me. I told Ellen I broke down and bought a trio of Prince Matchabelli for only 4.88. Three bottles holding 1.7 oz. of mind boggling passion for the wearer. Of course you couldn’t squeeze a smell out of the steal-proof packages so I bought my bargain and brought it home.

Now, girls, you may not be into packages like I am. I’m a package snob. I not only want the dressings to be fetching but I want crystal bottles of the chosen elixir to adorn my bureau. Well, guess what? When I pried into the package and retrieved the spray bottles…….they were…..plastic. What a hoot. Well, what the heck….I drenched myself in all three of them and I’m lovin’ it.

I have the last of the packages wrapped and I’m through shopping. I have all the food I need until the next millennium and I’m one happy old gal. I hope you had some fun with your shopping……and if you want to screw up someone’s day, just give them a big Ho Ho Ho kind of a smile and look happy. Drives everyone nuts!!

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther