<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

I SHALL RETURN (OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT). 

Just a little note to let my faithful readers know I’m still around. As you can tell by Becky’s blog site, we have been very busy getting a new family member here and playing host to aunt Jennifer and uncles, Marc and George. It would have been complete with John and Barbara but they miss many family functions due to distance. I am so thankful for computers and what little ability I have to converse with many of you….. and especially my family.

I had been urged by my three children each time we’d be together to get a pc and learn to use it. I was not interested until I saw a news clip about how golden aged folks in a nursing home used pc’s to communicate with their families. They were much older than I am, of course, (being only 39) but their expertise put me to shame. Surely if they could do it, I could do it…..right?

Becky had a head start on me but I was determined to go the distance. I will admit I had some big collisions here and there and at times, I’m sure Becky would have liked seeing me give it up……but she stuck with me, and John gave me good instruction when I would call with my train wreck. Eventually, the many notes I took sunk into my information center and I have been soaring higher all the time. I still stub my toes here and there but as a trained monkey I do as good as I need……for now. I still want to learn more.

Thanks to blogging I have almost finished the family history as I know it for my children. It is my gift to future generations so they will know from a personal standpoint that their forbearers were more than just a name in a book. I have, along with other elders, been able to visit with my family as I desired…..but the unknown factor was that I’ve met a lot of really fine folks out there in blog-land. You have come into my life as I have come into yours and I have learned much from you.

The good old days are gone forever and some of the changes I have not liked….but when I see the goodness of people still prevalent on every level I know the future is in good hands. I have been privileged to know some of the young people who in their time will make our country strong.

I will soon return to finish the Esther story and in the meantime I pray life is good for you and yours.

Until then,
Essentially Esther