<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, September 02, 2005

FRIDAY NOTE.... 

I spent a lot of time on the phone yesterday talking with family back and forth. For some reason they can’t connect with each other but can with me so I moderate back and forth with messages. Somehow we are managing to assure each other that every thing is OK and the basic needs are being met………John is in process of getting a generator connected so that the refrigerator, TV and computer are operable…..also a window air conditioner to cool one room.

John tells me the hospital will be opening next week so he will have employment…..I would imagine Barbara will be called back soon to route Medic-aide transportation for those in need. If John can post again today we will have a fresh look at how things are coming along in Covington, LA.

New Orleans is developing into a terrifying situation without the ability so far to curb cruelty and havoc on the helpless. I pray for the elderly, sick and the young. The picture of the person who died in their wheel chair on the sidewalk is forever glued to my mind…….I cannot imagine people taking advantage of the chance to steal and rampage when so many are suffering. May God have mercy on those in need.

Perhaps we can all find a way to help…..whatever that may be. Wherever you are, do what you can do and continue to pray for those in desperate need. I am thankful that my family is safe but at the same time my heart goes out for the ones who have suffered so much.

Until next time,
Essentially Esther