<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

THE LAST OF JUNE....1990 

June certainly held it’s sorrows for our family. Mom was unable to stabilize and she refused much of her food but did take some nutrition drinks which helped. She seemed to be constantly restless. My emotions were up and down thinking she was better, looking for any little sign to encourage me and then hitting bottom. It was all beyond anything I could do to help so I was on the outside looking in. I tried to be realistic about her condition but I couldn’t kid myself very long.

Cousin Dale called on the 12th of the month to tell us he came home from work and found aunt Beulah on the floor of her mobile home and it had been a very warm day. He said she was taken to the hospital but was very confused and disoriented, wouldn’t eat. Of course he was distraught because the situation didn’t look too encouraging.

John and Barbara came on the 15th……..we went out to see mom and she was happy to see them. Mom had been fussing about the I.V. for some time and wanted it out so they finally did remove it. She was feeling better about that….it had been a constant annoyance to her. John and Barb stayed with us a few days and then drove on to Shawnee to spend time with George. Later, on their return trip, we met them in Springfield for lunch and shopping. On the 23rd I was up early to fix breakfast for them before they had to leave. We sure hated to see them go….L.J. is growing up fast.

I was back at work on the 25th and then we went to see mom and check on her. When we came home Dale called to tell us aunt Beulah died about 8:00pm that evening. With mom so sick and restless I decided not to tell her. I think she must have known something was wrong because she asked if I’d heard from aunt Beulah lately and I told her that I hadn’t……but made the excuse that she and Dale had been busy.

George came from Shawnee to be able to attend aunt Beulah’s funeral with Bear, Becky and me. It was held in Mountain Home, Arkansas and after a nice service in the Chapel, she was laid to rest by her husband, uncle Ted. We went back to her home in Gassville, Arkansas after the funeral to visit with Dale and other of her relatives that we were acquainted with. It was a time of remembering her and the impact she made on all of us. Dale and I had much in common….raised in the same family we were the only two cousins left that we knew of or where to reach any of them if they were alive.

After we arrived back home, we stopped at the nursing home to look in on mom.

She was resting quietly and at peace.

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther