<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Tuesday, February 22, 2005

DOWN AND OUT....... 

The sudden departure from my site has been unavoidable. Rocky battled a very sick time of it all last week and was finally able to get in to the doctor. Our town and surrounding areas have been beset with a strange bug of some kind. Schools have been let out and getting a doctor’s appointment has been difficult.

With persistence, Rocky finally got in on Friday and came home with two prescriptions, both of which made him even sicker. He’s one who has never had to take many medications and therefore his system doesn’t do very well with them. He was told his symptoms were asthma and sinus related….no mention of the flu. I thought that was good for me….bad for him. Not!!! After fighting off flu symptoms for a week, I finally received a bulls-eye hit on Sunday. I went down for the count and have been miserable, along with a miserable Rocky.

Rocky is back to work today and has a lot of driving to do so he won’t be home until evening. I can only hope he makes his rounds but he’s a retired over-the-road truck driver and he never quits until the load is delivered. That’s just part of the reason why I love him. He’s someone you can count on in the long haul.

As for myself, I’m taking another day to recover and catch up with a few chores around the house….and to work up a head of steam to write more of 1987. I only hope all of you have escaped the “bug”….we both had flu shots so this is something other than the reason for the shot. Have a great day, may you prosper in all you do…and I’ll see you back here tomorrow….good Lord willing………

Until then,
Essentially Esther