<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Saturday, December 04, 2004

TWENTY ONE DAYS TILL CHRISTMAS.... 

Race or not? When I sat down to write my mind was speeding ahead with the many things I need to get done today. Then I thought….why? Have you ever been racing while standing still? I have done that so much in my life because I’ve had a very busy life. When I retired I promised myself I would learn how to “relax.” Three husbands have tried to get the point across that I just had too much going on. I could never see it because I had so much calling me to hurry on to the next “thing.”

I have written before how I always wanted to be ‘big.’ When I was young I wanted to be a teen-ager, then twenty-one….then thirty…….then I wanted it to stop. Unfortunately, it didn’t and neither have I. Don’t pity me because you may think I’ve missed a lot. On the contrary, I haven’t missed a thing. I read articles about the “A”-personality and the fact they burn out, have heart attacks….the list is endless.

I have led an excessive life. If I loved something or someone….it got all of me. If I started a project…I finished it. If I didn’t like something it didn’t get a second glance. If I believed in something or anyone……I worked hard to make it happen. I am relaxed only when I am happily into “a plan.”

Waiting, sitting still, driving the speed limit….is not for me. Fortunately, love ran fast enough to catch up with me and the slow moving traffic got out of my way. I am a woman on a mission and I want to make my life count. That is why….this time of year….I am racing ahead of myself, clearing the path so when I get to the next turn in the road it will be smooth.

I have seen much, loved and been loved, had fun doing for others and hanging on to the God of my faith with both hands. Will you run or walk through Christmas? If you run, be sure to remember ALL of the road you’ve been over, for that is the reason for the race. Inside of me is a marathon runner…….I’m just taking a different road……Life happens!! What is YOUR speed limit?

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther