<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Sunday, November 21, 2004

HONORING THE FALLEN.... 

In memory of Justin who was killed serving his country; for a dear friend and co-worker, Otis Petrus; for another friend, Lois Wheeler and all those that you may have had to say “goodbye” to this week, I dedicate this Indian Prayer.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow
I am the diamond glint on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you wake in morning hush
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet
birds in circling flight.
I am the soft starlight at night.
Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep. Author Unknown

Today we say goodbye to Otis Petrus. Our great sorrow is not for him, but for ourselves. We know Pete is home now where God intended. Until we join him there we continue on….and are thankful that we knew him in this brief span of time we call, Life.

Respectfully,
Esther Rockenbach