<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Saturday, November 20, 2004

FAREWELL TO PETE...... 

This week-end comes with great sadness in our town. Becky has written about our DE-Supervisor who passed away Thursday evening. He had a long battle with heart attacks, stroke and finally cancer. His body just couldn’t win the last fight. He has, for some time, known his condition was terminal.

He grew up in this town and went to the Navy after high school. When his time was up, he came home, married and had two children. He was extremely proud of both. Most of his years were spent as a Driver Examiner for the Missouri State Highway Patrol. He had a gift of gab and always had a ready joke. He could be so corny we thought we couldn’t stand it at times but he never left the room until he heard your laughter. He survived on laughter.

I shall remember Pete to the end of my days as a gentleman and overall nice guy. He “took care” of me all those years on the job and never let anyone speak foul language or lie to me. If they did…….they were made to apologize on the spot. I will miss him….and I know in our small town, there will always be favorite “Pete” stories………and laughter. He would like that.

Tomorrow I shall take my place with the active and retired Driver’s Examiners at his funeral.

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther