<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Sunday, October 10, 2004

A WALK IN THE FALL.... 

Sunday shall be a day to write something inspirational and give me one day a week to rest from the ongoing story of our family. It is always good to change gears and think about something else to refresh the mind. I choose Sunday to do that. I have always said I am but a Scribe for God….His thoughts and words flick through my mind wherever I am…. and give added lessons to what is going on around me. He dictates and I write. The lesson may be for someone else as well as for me…..so I’m always glad to pass on what I’m given. To enjoy or throw aside….it is for your pleasure. The following was written after a walk in the Fall…………many years ago.

AUTUMN

Was there ever a day so perfect in hue?
One you’d like back as soon as it’s through?
Sagging oak trees with acorns aground, and
Leaves that are falling with whispering sound?

Up on a knoll I see sumac and rocks while
Down on the hillside are dying wood phlox,
There on a dead tree a woodpecker cries
Till the sound echo’s back and finally dies.

The woods are waiting for one last foray,
One more glorious October day, when
An old ghost sandman will ride over the skies
To sprinkle his sleep where each leaf lies.

Sleep well, little trees, no need to fear,
For Nature will wake you early next year.
Your branches now bare will surely bring
Renewed hope of life when you wake up next Spring.

I hope wherever you are today that your October is beautiful and you are out to enjoy it. Breathe it in with all it’s glory…..enough to keep you when winds of winter come to call……..

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther