<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Sunday, October 17, 2004

A THOUGHT FOR SUNDAY.... 

Today is the day Becky comes home from her wonderful trip to Tulum, Mexico. I have kept her kitties fed, cleaned their litter boxes and given Scrappy his medicine. One pill a day…down the hatch. He was amazingly good about it. He reclined in my arm like a baby and with a little nudge would open his mouth so I could pop the pill in. He would see me get the pill out of the bottle and follow me to the couch….wait for me to pick him up….it seemed he looked forward to his pills…but it was probably the petting he got when it was over. Scrappy and Paddy were very laid back and not a problem.

My “problem” lurked around outside, sizing me up. Mr. Scardey came the first day or two where I could see him but I was only successful in locking him in the garage the first night. After that he stayed his distance and wouldn’t give me another chance. He knew I wasn’t Becky and he wasn’t having it. We adapted a system that worked for both of us. When he heard the screech of Becky’s front door opening he came into view…..on the edges…..he watched and waited until I finished in the house with the other cats….then watched as I put his feed, fresh water, cleaned his litter box and fixed the door so he could go in. As I walked away on the path between our houses……he would come into sight and cautiously go into the garage. I know those kitties will be so happy to have their “mama” back with them again.

As promised, Sunday is my day of inspiration so I’ve selected a couple of things for your pleasure. The first is a poem that is anonymous…..

SAY IT NOW

If you have a tender message,
Or a loving word to say,
Don’t wait ‘til you forget it,
But whisper it today.

The tender words unspoken,
The letter never sent,
The long-forgotten messages,
The wealth of love unspent.

For these some hearts are breaking,
For these some loved ones wait,
Then give them what they’re needing,
Before it is too late.

The following is a poem written by Walter D. Wintle

If you think you are beaten, you are.
If you think you dare not, you don’t!
If you want to win, but you think you can’t,
It’s almost a cinch you won’t.

If you think you’ll lose, you’re lost;
For out in the world we find
Success begins with a fellow’s will;
It’s all in the state of mind.

Life’s battles don’t always go
To; the stronger and faster man,
But sooner or later the man who wins
Is the fellow who thinks he can.

It is such a nice thought to know that “the race isn’t always to the swift…nor the battle to the strong….but time and chance happen to us all…” In God’s eyes we are all winners and people of purpose. Find that thing that consumes your imagination and go for it!! It’s a great day for winners……….

Until tomorrow,
Essentially Esther