<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Sunday, May 09, 2004

MOTHER'S DAY NOTE 

Happy Mother’s Day to all who pass my way today. I appreciate every one of you. I
am greatly humbled by your faithfulness to read my blog even though I am too busy right now to read yours. Thank you for stopping by with your encouragement.

Rocky is recuperating very well from his recent surgery to remove a brain tumor. He has had a few bumps in the road here and there but nothing to hinder his healing. We know he is one of the fortunate ones to have a benign tumor……..it only takes a trip to the doctor’s office to see others who are less fortunate. It has been wonderful to have him home and to work side by side with me as we groom our lawn and flower gardens. The mending process sometimes makes life changes that otherwise might be short circuited. As they say, priorities are front and center at these times. We are both learning to take one day at a time and let life happen.

I would like to close by saying that I had a wonderful mother. She was never a public figure and she never aspired to be famous. She did so much more than that. She married a man who had extreme limitations when it came to relationships and whose only sense of showing his love was to work hard by his rules. She had my brother and I in the most difficult pregnancies and managed to raise us with the barest of conveniences. She remained steadfast and faithful to us all and her gentle spirit won over any disagreement. She was patient. She was kind. She gave her all. We could not hope for more………..

Until tomorrow,

Essentially Esther