<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Friday, April 23, 2004

STARS AND RAINBOWS 

Since coming home I have only had time to cast an eye out each window to enjoy our Spring blooms. In the front we have pines, oaks, a pink dogwood, a beautiful pinoak (shaped perfectly), pink and red weigelas, fire-bushes and a pink flowering crab-apple.

In back we have a stone wall which diagonally separates the yard for a flower garden. I have wild wood-phlox, blue bonnets, iris of all kinds, creeping phlox, columbines of all sorts, lilacs and azaleas in bloom at this time.

The clematis are climbing skyward and will soon line the side fence with all manner of color. The red-buds are about spent now but the two in our yard were beautiful this year. There are many little friends awakening from their winter’s sleep that will soon be blooming as well. I have something flowering from daffodils to frost every year. It may sound like an overgrown yard but we have an acre and most of it blooms. One of these days I will have John put a picture on for me.

I meant to write about the ‘49’ers Senior trip to Washington D.C. today but I’ll have to confess ……..I went outside and pulled some weeds. The ground is saturated and the weeds are easy pulled right now…….and yes….I’m odd because I enjoy the job.

Becky has been writing about storms of the past and present which made me think of a poem I wrote some time ago. With all the rain there always has to be a rainbow somewhere. Tomorrow I will begin the Senior trip and work towards the D.C. destination.

STARS AND RAINBOWS

For every dark and fearful hour
God calls on us to bear,
He gives us ways to praise Him
and blessings we can share.

He only takes the sun away
so we can see His stars;
The glory of His heavens
and the beauty that is ours.

He hangs the clouds along the sky
because we need the rain,
And then He sends a rainbow
till the sun comes out again.

So look for stars and rainbows
forget the clouds of gray,
They’re only with us for a while
and soon will roll away.

Our loving Father is sure to give
the faith we can receive,
So we can only take as much
as we are able to believe.

Believe with all the faith you have
and always look above,
He’ll send you stars and rainbows
and shower you with love.
***************

Rocky is doing great and we are both getting rested up. We are so glad to be home and back in our own routine.

Tomorrow we shall get back to,

Essentially Esther