<$BlogRSDUrl$>
Essentially Esther Banner

Sunday, February 29, 2004

POETIC SUNDAY 

I need to do some research on the years Louis spent in the Army. Since today is Sunday again I am taking the day off from blog writing. I shall be back tomorrow with one of his longest trips.

I leave you with another one of my poems that is appropriate for Sunday. Most of the time our ideals are too lofty for God. We want to build mountains while He only wants ant hills. We get so caught up in “doing” - all He wants is our “being.”

COMMITMENT

Commitment was only a word to me
A word so easily spoken,
A promise made for many reasons
And all too often, broken.

Oh I’ve built a mountain of good intentions
And though each was a solemn vow,
With every new day or come setting sun,
I could see where I’d failed, somehow.

One day as I watched an ant hill
Being shaped out of hard rocky ground,
My mind came off of the mountain
And true commitment I found.

We don’t learn to walk by running,
Nor does Trust build Her house in a day,
Like the ant we must be faithfully willing
To pick up and carry God’s clay.

Have a great Sunday……
Until tomorrow,

Essentially Esther